SCOSIT is Society of Computer Science and Information Technology. It is charged with bringing together like minded individuals in the field of Information Communication Technology (CS, CT, IT, MATHS/CS, BBIT) so that they can share knowledge and ideas. It however not limited to the above mentioned department but rather for people who are interested in computing.
SCOSIT aims to achieve the following:
- Building cohesion – students in the various ICT courses should know each other in order to share the information they possess.
- Capacity building – training and enlightening sessions such as JKUAT Endeavor initiative.
- Career talks & more competitions– talks from key industry leaders e.g. Google, Dotsavvy, Verviant and more competitions e.g Google Map Maker
- Internal & external expos – charity begins at home, lets first be good before we go out.
- SCOSIT website – re-branding and on-line portfolio for members.
- Inter-society collaboration – collaborate with like minded societies e.g JLUG
- Community empowerment- high school talks.
- Discussions on emerging technologies-
- SCOSIT annual bash and fun day.